|How to abstract and automate your network|
In this tutorial we will learn how to build abstractions to automate the network. Our end goal will be to provide a simple mechanism to deploy services on a multi-vendor environment that might be consumed by users
with only basic knowledge about networking.
The tutorial will consist of several steps, each one building on the last so as to meet our goals:
- We will first learn how to interact with our devices via their
- We will then look at abstracting vendors' APIs, and write code that can
work across multiple vendors.
- With the APIs abstracted, we will move onto abstracting vendors'
- Then we will define the services we want to provide and the data
needed to build them using YAML files, which will allow us to mock our code and perform quick tests on it.
- With the services defined and the data well defined, we will integrate
our configuration management system with a backend.
- Finally, with all the pieces in place, we will build the abstractions
so our end users can build and deploy network services on-demand.
Where: Side Room